Friday, July 8, 2011

a very special day!

First off, allow me to apologize for the lack of posts. We were getting our house fumigated this week and had to go on forced vacation. My awesome friend AM loaned us her house to stay in for a couple days and I generously refrained myself from stealing her adorable hamster. I did steal her book, but then I put it back.
My cat stayed at a cat hotel and is recovering in my room right now. They clipped her claws (NOT declawing. WAY different!) so if she got into a fight with other cats they couldn't claw each other to bits and she's adjusting to the reduced amount of damage she can do to our furniture. They also gave her a bath for the first time in about 8 years (as soon as she was old enough she made it quite clear that she can bathe herself, thank you very much). I don't know how they did it. They must be magical.
Long story short, I'm sending out a call for e-hugs. My cat needs all the hugs she can get.

Arriving at the main point of this long-winded post, today is a very important day. It's my mom's birthday!
Happy birthday, Mom! Thanks so much for making me who I am today, and proud of it. I always love our adventures through the wilds of our confusing city, numerous shopping expeditions, and plentiful laughter. I love you.
<3 Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment