Monday, October 3, 2011

Birthdays and Other Cool Stuff

Happy beginning of October everyone! This general area of time--end of September, beginning of October--is apparently where all the cool babies get born, so happy birthday to my minions friends Pilar, Clarissa, and Isabel! Babushkas growing up so fast. *single tear*
So here are some words of wisdom for you, as you enter adolescence's troubled times. 

In other news, I have an actual finished thing for you. Behold sock the first!



yarn--Classic Elite Alpaca Sox, color 1870. Love love love this yarn. Sock pattern: the Basic Sock from the Patons Next Steps Four booklet (I'm learning). 
They don't really fit, which is good, because I would be tempted to keep them. The yarn is so soft I want to buy a million skeins and build a yarnpile and live in it. (Come on. Don't look at me like that. How cool does a yarn castle sound?). I grafted my first toe, after....a youtube video and a first try that was not the shape of any human foot. I still have to block it and weave ends in but for now I'm pretty pleased. This was knit (in my opinion) too loose so I think I'll go down a needle size next time.
Green sock boring. We seen enough green sock, you say. Fine. I have something utterly riveting, mesmerizing, and amazing to show you. When you see it, it will take your breath away. You will be able to do nothing but stare at this picture in awe for the rest of your life and when you get taken to the mental hospital it will be framed and on your wall so you can continue to know the wonder that is this picture:




 
....the other green sock.
<3 Maggie

1 comment: