Thursday, June 16, 2011

(re)design your summer week: big brother

Hey guys! Whew, it's been a while.
So let's get down to business (to defeat the Huns....). I had this tunic lying around that had seen better days as a dress but since I'd grown now barely covered the dark side of the moon. It was sad, wrinkled, and cowered in the bottom of my drawer. So I took it out and swore "Shirt, I will make a man out of you." But not a manly man. More of a feminine man or perhaps a cross-dresser.
I'm getting off topic. Moving on.
This shirt is kind of the big brother of this shirt. Or the big sister. It does have flowers on it, you know. Again with the cross-dresser manly aspect of it.


I took this picture when I was bored. Hope you like it. Should I audition for America's Next Top Model, or would that be too cruel to the other models? I like a challenge, ya know.


The tunic in all its glory. Its a good beach coverup but....during the first wash colors bled in very unfortunate places under ze armpits. This was 2 years ago and it's been worn once.
I don't know if I can do a proper tutorial for this; it's basically the exact same thing as Shoulder Chic from Generation T. So if you want to learn the method, buy the book. It's worth the money, believe me. (No, I'm not getting paid for this! Why would you think that? Seriously, I'm not though. It's just an awesome book :D)
 This is how my tunic came out afterwards!


 Apologies for the blurry photos....it doesn't look it, but it's nighttime out there!
 I'm now officially ready for some fun in the sun!!
<3 Maggie


No comments:

Post a Comment