Friday, September 9, 2011

Houston, We Have A Problem

School hath once again started, and once again I am swamped with homework. My brain cells are all tired out after a week of hard work, so instead I'm going to show you some long-promised pictures of various UFOs (unfinished objects) around the house.
Apologies in advance for the horrible pictures; I'm too lazy to locate my camera and take good ones so I used photo booth.
 The cabled scarf. My current during-class project of choice, and not yet fallen out of favor. Pattern: A simple 6-stitch cable (my first cable! I feel like a Real Knitter now, cabling along. Isn't that silly?). Yarn: Lion Brand Wool-Ease Chunky, 80% Acrylic 20% Wool. Thick, warm, durable and affordable it's a good beginner yarn although not the softest. 
 The Infamous Rug. The colors are way prettier in person. I have no idea what this yarn is, having lost the ball bands long ago but I can tell you it is most definitely acrylic, from when I had no idea about yarn, is pretty colors but definitely not soft, and from when I was inexperienced with the ways of gauge. Was going to be a rug, may have to be a wrap due to inexperience with gauge and sheer monotony of all those basket weave stitches.
 A BUTTCRACK! Just kidding. Am I the only one who still thinks that joke is funny?
 The bias scarf. This has been in the land of UFOs for a long time. It's very pretty, from a pattern book I own called Fashionable Projects for the Beginning Knitter (don't laugh, it's....let's just say 'vintage'). Easy, fun and really quite elegant. The only reason I put it down was because it's not very portable. The ball of yarn is one of those huge pounds of boucle from Joann's and is about the size of a watermelon.
The Sock. I can't speak of the sock right now. We're taking some time off. I screwed up the heel and I have no idea how and I have to rip it back and so I'm healing my pain with the cabled scarf.

These are not the only unfinished projects, naturally. There is also the dress I started during the summer, but I'm on the long stretch of 20 inches of plain moss stitch so....I'm taking a break. And others lurk below the surface of the yarn room, I'm sure.
Crafters, tell me honestly: do you have tons of unfinished projects lying around the house?

<3 Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment