Sunday, September 18, 2011

Dear Green Socks,

Our relationship has had some good times, and some bad times. The second I saw your yarn in the yarn store, I knew we were meant to be. I could barely wait until I got home to cast you on. Those were our salad days, back when you were innocent ribbing and then simple, mindless knit stitches all the way down the leg.




But things got complicated when we got to the heel. I didn't believe you were possible; I lost faith in you. I had to rip you back. Things got particularly tough during our fight involving a broken needle and a sad, snarled mass of yarn.



We didn't speak for a while after that, and I'm sorry. It took me a while to forgive you but as soon as I did, I could resolve my mistakes. Things started to pick up and now that I've had some time to think this over while knitting the foot, I wanted to say I'm sorry.




Your soft, gorgeous yarn, your beautiful green color. When you are done, you will be the perfect socks for my mother. I'm sorry I doubted you and cursed at you and abandoned you. It turns out that your yarn forgives frogging, and you, beautiful green socks, forgive all my mistakes.
Ever thine,
Maggie


(Oh, and P.S.--I just saw those comments in my little Stats box....from somewhere around June. Endless apologies for heartlessly ignoring you guys!!!!! I have got to get it together)

No comments:

Post a Comment