Friday, November 18, 2011

The Reward System

Hey guys! Sorry for not posting for a while. I was getting so good at it too. Pride goes before a fall, I suppose.
I have a little reward system. For instance, when I finish some homework I usually give myself a little treat. A cup of tea, some knitting, five minutes on the internet (Warning: this can mutate into "five hours talking to people on the internet and then its midnight and you don't care about finding x anymore"). On bad days I struggle with the temptation to give myself a square of chocolate after every math problem (that's a lot of chocolate). Usually it works because I do more productive things so I can earn more rewards and eat more chocolate. But sometimes it backfires and I feel rebellious and think, I wrote my name and that is productive. Screw it. I do what I want. And that's what happened with blogging. I posted and felt good about myself and since it was a post that had actual things in it I felt even better and now wham, bam, thank you mam. I did eat chocolate though. And go on the internet for five hours. It was fun.
In other news, the other reason I haven't been posting is that I'm writing a novel. For nanowrimo. No, it's not because of this blog. Are you kidding? That only happens to people like Hyperbole and a Half.
In other knitting news? I'm making rainbow socks (I know. More socks). Expect pictures soon.

edit: Actually? Expect pictures now.
This is my living room and not my bathroom. I know that sounds weird but its a preemptive strike. People have thought pictures like this were taken from my bathroom. I don't know why. Do you see a toilet anywhere? (Good. I made sure not to get that in the frame). 
This is probably super random by now, but I like to think of it as "The mind of a hyperactive three-year-old inside a bomb-sexy woman"

<3 Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment