Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Birthdays

Hey everyone! It's a leap day today. Is it just me or do you think you should get an extra day off for that? I mean, it's a whole extra day and it only comes around once every four years. Might as well enjoy it.
As for me, well. I'm going to celebrate my old-ladyness and spend some time with my sweater in progress and my cat. Gotta live it up while I can.

As a side effect of my busy social life I missed my poor blog's birthday. Happy birthday Threadhead, you seem so old now. My posting skills have not improved at all which is sad because I can't write reflections paragraphs about how I've grown and changed. I do think I'm a little less hyper though. Hopefully?


Speaking of birthdays, it was my cousin's birthday recently! She came out to visit, which was awesome. I knit her a scarf:
pattern: variation on the Noro scarf, yarn: Lion Brand Wool-Ease worsted and some similar blue tweed that was a great Christmas present from Ireland
But the real star present was a ticket to the Oscars! She got a very nice photo of the back of George Clooney's head and generally rubbed elbows with celebrities and brought home candy. We embarrassed her and my dad beforehand by acting like proud parents on prom night.
Here's a glamour shot of her and my dad. I still think they were the best dressed couple of the night :)

You can't have that pic of George Clooney though. It's mine.

<3 Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment